Vittorio, Brian,

The following is my document shepherd review for the step-up
authentication document:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-oauth-step-up-authn-challenge-06.html

*Comments*

* Section 4, first sentence:

You might have a reason for using MAY, instead of SHOULD, but it is not
obvious to me. Can you add some text to explain the reason for this?

* Section 5

“when it comes to access tokens in this specification it is RECOMMENDED
that the requested acr value is treated as required”

Not sure why this sentence started in such a way. Why not just explicitly
use MUST to make sure that the acr value is included in the access token?

* Section 9, last sentence

I think we need to have a stronger statement here and not leave it wide
open like this.

Maybe state that the resource server SHOULD NOT return a challenge if the
request did not include a valid token?

*Nits*

Section 2 - “not be necessarily hold true” -> drop the “be”

Section 5 - Thee - > The

Section 8 - any undesirable -> an undesirable

Section 9 - {#Challenge} -> fix the reference

Regards,
 Rifaat