Right - RFC 6750 doesn't explicitly define how to send an access token with the
Proxy-Authorization/Proxy-Authenticate headers, but states:

   The Bearer authentication scheme is intended primarily for
   server authentication using the WWW-Authenticate and Authorization
   HTTP headers but does not preclude its use for proxy authentication.

As far as I'm aware you can use it in a straightforward way with those headers
for proxy auth, the same as for any other HTTP auth scheme (i.e., literally
just rename the headers in the examples).

I think the sticking point will be how browsers respond to a Proxy-Authenticate
header with scheme Bearer. I guess not very well, given that they won't know
where the AS is. You'd need something like UMA's as_uri hint in the challenge
and then you'd need to get browsers to implement that.

It's not really clear what OAuth adds to this scenario anyway - there's no
scope restriction going on, right? These days I guess most proxy usage is a
single CONNECT and then its just a dumb tunnel for encrypted traffic - unless
you're doing TLS interception, in which case I think the IETF and browser
vendors won't be very interested - see e.g. RFC 7258 (Pervasive Monitoring Is
an Attack).

-- Neil