Hi Aaron

as you can see from my July proposal, I was not suggesting to use the token endpoint in isolation for FIDO2. Rather it would remain 'as is' and return an access token to the client (but a short lived one), by supporting two new grant types (for FIDO regn and FIDO authn). I was proposing that the authz endpoint is enhanced to support the initial steps of FIDO registration and FIDO authentication. This seems more natural to me. The authz endpoint with a FIDO authn request would act more like the refreshing of an access token, meaning that the token endpoint never issues refresh tokens, but only short lived access tokens. Then clients do not need to store insecure software based access tokens after the transaction with the resource server is complete.

Kind regards

David