Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-oauth-dpop-14: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-dpop/

COMMENT:

Thank you for writing this; I found it a fascinating and informative read.

I don't have any particularly substantive comments, but I do have some nits and
similar to hopefully further improve the document.

1: "These stolen artifacts can later be used together independent of the client
application to access protected resources." -- I found this really hard to
parse. I think that some of it is the "used together independent" formulation -
adding a comma would help, but I think just dropping "together" works even
better (it does say "artifacts" in plural, so that's already covered?)

2: "Properly audience restricting access tokens can prevent such misuse" - I
think that it would be helpful to reword this, or find a reference for
"audience restricting"

3: Might it be worth adding a reference for XSS? I'm guessing that the audience
will already be familiar, but if not,
https://owasp.org/www-community/attacks/xss/ ?

4: Question: Why is the Nonce optional? Perhaps I missed it, but I was unable
to find any discussion (I was expecting something in Sec 8,9 or 10) providing
some reason why a server might not use a nonce (the closest I found was "The
logic through which the server
   makes that determination is out of scope of this document.", so I'm guessing
   that there *is* a reason, but... )