Hi Evert,
The audience parameter isn’t standard- it was implemented before a standard
modeling the corresponding concept (resource indicators) was introduced in
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8707.html.
Audience is mostly an alias of the resource parameter, hence i wouldn’t be
too worried about implementing it security wise. Just take a look at the
security section of the spec above (and the spec in geber) and make sure
you take it into account.