Hi Rifaat and Hannes,

When are you going to post the URL to be used for the OAuth WG Virtual Interim
- Revocation Drafts @ Tue Jun 11, 2024 12 pm - 1pm (EDT) ?

The title of Hannes "Hot presentation" was : "Can we improve certificate/JWT/CWT revocation?
The last slide mentions :

   Your experience is needed!

   • Is this a useful concept [i.e., Status Lists ] ?
   • If it is useful for JWTs/CWTs, should it be applied to X.509
   certificates as well?
   • Is there room for improvement?

      Come to the OAuth WG and tell us!

I already answered to these kinds of questions to the OAuth WG on 29/03/2024:

I posted both to the OAuth mailing list and to the SPICE mailing list a message under the topic "SPICE Revocation"
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/oauth/39dFi890Y76ntjjAHkuuWdq8YAo/

Note that the approach I am proposing is *only applicable when digital identity wallets are being used*. In other words, it only applies to the three roles model: Issuer, Holder, Verifier.

This approach originates from a "/privacy and security by design/" construction, where *all the components of the ecosystem* are being considered. At each PDCA rotation, a privacy principle is being considered so that at the next rotation of the PDCA wheel, one or more security solutions can be added to address it ... as well as additional components when needed.

The approach I am proposing is applicable whatever kind of "token" is being used, as long as a digital credential has been issued by an issuer and a digital proof derived from that digital credential has been locally constructed by a holder (application).

Hence, this approach is independent from the encoding of the digital proof. The token can be JSON or CBOR encoded or, why not, ASN.1/DER encoded.

To summarize :

    Is the Status Lists a useful concept ? My answer is : no.
    Should it be applied to X.509 certificates as well? My answer is : no.
    Is there room for improvement? My answer is : yes, indeed. It is possible to get rid of Status Lists and to use a different approach.

Denis

Note: I have not subscribed to the lamps mailing list.

Adding the OAuth WG to this thread.

Regards,
 Rifaat