Yeah this just sounds like the client credentials grant with some policy at
the AS. There's no limitation that the client credentials grant is only
used to access resources owned by the client. From 6749:

   The client can request an access token using only its client
   credentials (or other supported means of authentication) when the
   client is requesting access to the protected resources under its
   control, or those of another resource owner that have been previously
   arranged with the authorization server (the method of which is beyond
   the scope of this specification).