[ as an individual ]

+sd-jwt is requested to be registered in this document:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-selective-disclosure-jwt-08#name-structured-syntax-suffix-re

+cwt is requested to registered in this document:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rats-eat-media-type-07#name-cwt-structured-syntax-suffi

Both drafts are still work in progress, but for the W3C Verifiable
Credentials use case, only +sd-jwt might be relevant, since +cwt is for
claimsets that are CBOR maps where the map keys come from
https://www.iana.org/assignments/cwt/cwt.xhtml

Based on the comments I've seen here, I would expect to see requests for
the following:

application/vc
application/vc+jwt
application/vc+cose
application/vc+sd-jwt (depends on the draft above)

application/vp
application/vp+jwt
application/vp+cose
application/vp+sd-jwt (depends on the draft above)

Perhaps it is worth asking now if application/vc+sd-jwt will be rejected,
since it is currently already being requested here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-sd-jwt-vc-03#name-application-vcsd-jwt

Including OAuth for awareness.

Regards,

OS

On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 10:33 AM Manu Sporny <mspo...@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 10:22 AM Alexey Melnikov
> <alexey.melni...@isode.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I can confirm that the registration is currently denied due to
> > unclear rules about multiple structured suffixes, as well as lack of any
> > conlusion on how to proceed on the mailing list.
>
> Thank you, Alexey, much appreciated, that helps the VCWG move forward.
>
> We'll update our specs and send in another set of registrations that
> will fall more in line w/ the current accepted practices at IANA.
>
> -- manu
>
> --
> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> https://www.digitalbazaar.com/