Jennifer - Glad to see the police are not going to be bothering with the micky
mouse regulations, such as "no bell" or "no reflective tape" (unless the bike was
stopped at night, of course).

Greg - I think effectiveness can only be measured by the number of tickets they
issue and accident stats. They would have to make it an annual activity to compare
trends. The only problem is many bike accidents involving only cuts and bruises
probably go unreported.

-Rod

Greg Franks wrote:

>     [snip]
>     Jennifer> Police (some of them on bicycles) will be ticketing
>     Jennifer> motorists and cyclists for offences and moving
>     Jennifer> violations, including...
>     [snip]
>
> I wonder if the police will be issuing a report on how effective the
> program is.
>
> (Setting up shop near Carleton U would be like shooting fish in a barrel).
>   ..greg

------
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED],  (613) 230-1064
Web/mailing list: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb/Newsletter