*Huddersfield Arts Festival 2010: Call for Proposals*

Alice and Bob need ambitious work! This is the first Huddersfield Arts Festival and we invite proposals and expressions of interest from contemporary artists.

*What:* Large scale and/or participatory sculpture, installation, performance.

*Where: *The Warehouse, Bates Mill, Huddersfield, HD1 3DX, UK

*When:* Friday 1^st and Saturday 2^nd October 2010

*Who:* Contemporary artists with new ideas and/or existing work

*Venue details: *The Warehouse is a large open warehouse space in a mill complex in central Huddersfield. It has peeling whitewashed walls, yellow painted car park space lines on parts of the concrete floor and large shuttered entrances. Part of Bates Mill is still used as a textile mill and part is dedicated to studio spaces and office spaces. The Warehouse is occasionally used for Afterparty raves and is a Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival venue every November. It is 5 minutes from the University of Huddersfield and set upon a canal network.

Huddersfield is a large market town in West Yorkshire, Northern England with a population of around 150,000. In October, it will be around 10°C outside temperature. Huddersfield is well connected by rail to Manchester (35 minutes) and Leeds (20 minutes), also with direct trains to Manchester Airport, Liverpool, Sheffield, Halifax, Wakefield, York, Hull, Scarborough and Middlesbrough.

Images of the Warehouse space can be found here:
_http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huddersfield-Cultural-Arts-Network/118369038208965_

*Charges/Fees:* There is no financial support at present and although funding is being sort for both this year and next, we are currently working on a £0 budget basis. No expenses or fees available at present. Participating artists will need to cover their own expenses including their own insurance. No additional charges. No application fee. We can offer you a sofa to sleep on. We will probably buy you a beer. We work for nothing too!

*Huddersfield Arts Festival Background:* Huddersfield Arts Festival is run by the Huddersfield Cultural Arts Network established in 2010. The Festival is multi-venue and has a core programme of Visual Arts, Opera, Music, Drama and Fashion and will run from 25^th September - 2^nd October 2010. The Bates Mill programme is concentrated over the second Festival Weekend 1^st & 2^nd October 2010. Alongside the art exhibition in the Warehouse venue will be a Beer Festival, live music performances and video screenings with local restaurant food stalls/vans in the vicinity.

*Alice & Bob Curate:* Alice Bradshaw and Bob Milner are artists who co-curated Temporary Art Show at Bates Mill in May 2008 with Georgia Boniface, Kevin Boniface and Tom Senior. The team went on to direct Temporary Art Space at the Piece Hall in Halifax, March -- August 2009. Alice also co-directs Contents May Vary based in Manchester, Fundada Artists' Film Festival launching at Halifax Festival in August 2010 and directs the Museum of Contemporary Rubbish. Bob is PEEP!, the gallery and publication project based in Wakefield and is one half of the cultural phenomenon 'Milk Two Sugars'.

_http://www.alicebradshaw.co.uk/_
_http://bobmilner.wordpress.com/_
_http://www.temporaryartspace.co.uk/ <http://temporaryartspace.co.uk/>_
_http://www.milktwosugars.org/_
_http://www.contentsmayvary.org/_
_http://fundadaartistsfilmfestival.blogspot.com/_
_http://museumofcontemporaryrubbish.blogspot.com/_

*Contact:* Send proposals and expressions of interest to _aliceandbobcur...@yahoo.co.uk <mailto:aliceandbobcur...@yahoo.co.uk>_

*Deadline:* 20^th August 2010

*For further information about HCAN and Huddersfield Arts Festival*
Email: _hcanfesti...@gmail.com <mailto:hcanfesti...@gmail.com>
_
Film Films Films Call For Entry http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=132387606799053&ref=ts <http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/event.php?eid=132387606799053&ref=ts>_ _

Visit Huddersfield: _http://www.visithuddersfield.org/_