Vladimir Us
artist & curator
http://www.oberliht.org.md

From: jacquelineheer...@gmail.com
To: u...@hotmail.com
Subject: CALL FOR CCC BY SATELLIETGROEP FOR ART PIE ISTANBUL 2010
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:37:16 +0200

CALL FOR ENTRIES CCC @ ART PIE ISTANBUL 2010

Satellietgroep is invited to participate in the ART PIE Istanbul 2010 from
October 30 - November 7, 2010.

The ART PIE is an international art fair for artists run initiatives.

Deadline for submissions: September 30

Contact: i...@satellietgroep.nl

At the Art Pie 2010 we aim to arrange a platform for exchanging ideas, projects
and concepts concerning the sea and coast, in both The Netherlands and Turkey.
We propose to bring interesting (both conceptual and documentary) works and
developments from The Netherlands to put on screening, and to combine, compare
or conflict them with Turkish works.

We seek projects about Istanbul and Turkey: what developments take place and
who and in what way do architects, urbanists, designers, writers and artists
reflect on the cultural meaning of the sea and coast?

We warmly welcome your submissions and/or assistance in contacting and
connecting artists, architects, designers, writers and/or urbanists who work in
these areas and are interested in the exchange of ideas concerning the sea and
coast, before and during the ART PIE.

In addition we screen the collected material in the Cinema aan Zee @ BADGAST in
the Netherlands in 2011.

photo Rob te Riet, design Duel for Satellietgroep

YOU CAN FIND US ON FACEBOOK NOW!

In addition to our website we are now on facebook We warmly invite you to
become a member.

Artists Initiative Satellietgroep was established in 2006 in The Hague, with
the aim of studying the cultural significance of sea from the perspective of
the arts and science. The founders are Jacqueline Heerema (art concept
+organization), Andries Micke (architect), Hederik van der Kolk and Bas the
Koning(Collective of designers Duel) and Marianne Volleberg (publicity). We
challenge artists, designers, (landscape) architects and scientists to create
new concepts and projects that express the cultural, innovative and sustainable
qualities of the sea and its coasts.

Arts and science can express the spatial and social qualities - as well as the
problems - of our coastal areas, and make them surprisingly accessible to the
public. It's these works that transform a destination normally marked by
consumption and recreation into a platform for serious communication.

Satellietgroep aims at two goals: the first is inspiration: collecting and
presenting works that articulate the cultural significance of the sea and
coasts and encouraging artists and scientists to develop new concepts. The
second is to try to influence city planners that this cultural approach should
be part of urban coastal planning.
Our projects include Satellietisland (2006), Zeedelijk (2007), S. MAG (Sea
Magazines from 2007), EXOOT (2008) and the artproject BADGAST- culture
container at sea (2009-2011).

BADGAST is built from 2 stacked shipping containers by recycling architects
REFUNC for Satellietgroep. BADGAST is an artist in residence on the coast where
artists and scientists from home and abroad work at the invitation of
Satellietgroep. In addition, we screen films about the sea in the Cinema by the
Sea @ BADGAST.

BADGAST is situated at FAST, the new urban beach community that is created at
the point where the boulevard turns into the harbour of Scheveningen, The
Hague, The Netherlands.

With special thanks to gemeente Den Haag, Casema Cultuur Fonds, Prins Bernhard
Cultuurfonds Zuid-Holland, Stroom Den Haag.

www.satellietgroep.nl | www.refunc.nl | www.fastthehague.com

Adres wijzigen / Uitschrijven

Powered door YMLP