Hazy profitability

Even though Timah's 1Q09 top-line was just slightly below our estimates,
bottom-line was far below ours and consensus targets. Shrinking gross margin
due to high inventory costs was the main problem. 1Q09 profit only reflected
9.7% and 2.3% of our and FY09F consensus estimates, respectively. Net profit of
Rp14.4bn declined by 97.0%yoy, but improved slightly from the 4Q08 loss of
Rp149.3bn. We expect gross margi improvement in the remaining quarters of 2009
along with raw material cost stabilization. We maintain our Sell call with TP
of Rp1,100/share.

Worsening top-line despite of better bottom-line on qoq basis. With 1Q09 sales
volume increasing by 8.2%qoq (-11.1%yoy) and ASP declining by 19.1%qoq
(-17.2%yoy), the company posted Rp1.6tn (-12.4%qoq, -26.4%yoy) in revenue.
This resulted to 1Q09 net profit of Rp14.4bn (-97.0%yoy), slightly better than
4Q08 net loss of Rp149.0bn. This was due to COGS/t decline which exceeded ASP
decline.

Cash cycle concerns? Our observation on the company's receivable
turnover revealed deterioration with 1Q09 receivable turnover ratio to
2.7x while average ratio for the last 4 years was 3.4x. Term of payment
extension was due to difficulties faced by its customers. At the other side,
payable turnover was also getting higher from 5.0x (4 years average) to 6.8x.
Combining these changes in the two ratios, it means that the company's cash
cycle period was getting longer by 1.5 months, a signal of lower working
capital management.

Gross margin is expected to slightly improve in the remainder of 2009. The
company's gross margin declined significantly from 47.8% (1Q08) to 7.9% (1Q09),
but slightly improved compared with 5.6% in 4Q08.  This was because COGS/t
declined by 19.2%qoq while ASP only fell by 17.2%qoq. COGS/t improved on qoq
basis mainly due to labor expense efficiency. We believe gross margin will
slightly improve for the rest of 2009 as the company's weighted average
inventory costing will drag down inventory costs (tin ore cost/t has been
stable qoq).

Valuation. We put a target price of Rp1,100/share by combining book value
multiple of 1.8x (metal industry average) and DCF (18.5% WACC, 12.0% risk-free
rate). High WACC is due to assumption of no debt financing in the long term.
Our TP is 33.3% below the current price, thus we maintain our Sell call.

tarik maannnnng!! hehehe

Kirim email ke