World Bank, ADB, Japan support termination of CGI forum - Indonesian minister

  JAKARTA (XFN-ASIA) - Coordinating Minister for the Economy Budiono said the
country's three main donors under the Consultative Group on Indonesia (CGI)
have supported the government's decision to scrap the group's annual forum this
month.

  The three largest donors are the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank
(ADB) and Japan.

 "I have met with the three. In principle, they have no objection. We hope
other members will also support (this)," Budiono told a press briefing.

  He added that although the CGI forum will be scrapped, Indonesia will
continue its dialogue with each donor country.

  President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said yesterday that the country no  longer
needs the forum.

  During the annual CGI forum, the government normally presents its
development plan to be discussed and sometimes criticized.

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  ab/km xfnkm        MMMM  CWP73-25Jan07 12:12 GMT

The fish are biting.