From: Marzuki
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 9:10 AM
Cc: All Kim Eng Melawai Users
Subject: FW: ANTM (TP Rp3,100); INCO (TP Rp5,200) - Deutsche Bank:
Indonesian metals sector - Higher revised metals price forecasts;
prefer ANTM

________________________________

Indonesian metals sector

Higher revised metals price

forecasts; prefer ANTM

Higher metals prices

Deutsche Bank’s global commodities team has raised metals price forecasts

significantly across the metals complex on: 1) commodities becoming appealing

given the boost in demand from government infrastructure projects and increased

interest in commodities as an inflation hedge; and 2) more legs to the rally in

commodity prices given persistent strong Chinese FAI growth. We raise FY09-11E

earnings and target prices for ANTM and PT Inco on higher metals prices.

We prefer ANTM over PT Inco on gold exposure and higher leverage to nickel

Our commodities team expects gold to hit new highs driven by the resumption in

US dollar weakness and an increase in inflation volatility, which
historically has

been beneficial to gold prices. Central banks' diversification into
gold over the

coming years might imply that in aggregate central banks will be net buyers of

gold for the first time in over 20 years. Meanwhile, Deutsche Bank’s view on

nickel is more neutral near term relative to gold; we expect a more
moderate 2010

outlook. As such, we prefer ANTM over PT Inco due to a) ANTM’s gold exposure –

27% and 35% of FY09F and FY10F cash gross profit), with a 0.7% sensitivity to

every 1% earnings change in gold prices, and b) its higher leverage to
the nickel

price (due to its higher cost structure) in the event of any upward
surprise on the

metal – every 1% change in nickel price results in a 6.2% change in ANTM’s

earnings vs. only 2.6% change in PT Inco’s earnings in FY09F.

Raising earnings estimates and target prices

We have raised our FY09-10 earnings estimates and target prices on much higher

metals price assumptions, mainly gold and nickel. We reiterate Buy on ANTM and

upgrade PT Inco to Buy with higher target prices for both companies.

Target prices based on PBR

Our target prices are derived based on historical PBR to capture the
upside risk on

metals prices. Our revised target prices of Rp3,100 for ANTM and Rp5,200 for PT

Inco are one standard deviation above the respective stocks’ five-year average

forward PBR. Key downside risks include lower-than-expected gold or nickel

prices, higher than-expected production costs (e.g. oil prices), lower
production,

and regulatory risk. See detailed risks to our investment calls in the
individual

company write-ups.

Cherie Khoeng

PT Deutsche Bank Verdhana

Indonesia

Research Analyst

(+62) 21 318 9542

cherie.kho...@db.com

******************* DISCLAIMER *******************

This e-mail message and any attachments thereto is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
authorized to receive it and may contain information that is
confidential, priviledged and/or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or other
use of any of the information contained in this strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then
delete this from your system. The content of the message and/or
attachments may not reflect the view and opinions of the originating
company or any party it is representing.