because (or when) it offers higher yield (after risk adjustment) compares to
other asset classes.

to measure our yield on investment, we might have our own favorite
preferences.

i personally prefer :

a. Comparable or higher sustainable free cash flow yield i may expect from
my stock 3-5 years period Vs Bond.
b. Understated Hard Assets sitting on the balance, Ripe for acquisition or
un-locking scenario.
c. Solid Bussiness model that can counter inflationary effect (passing
through the inflatianary pressures to their consumers without losing the
sales volume and growth), because virtually a good and solid stock is the
only effective real-hedge against inflation. because they can adjust prices
of their sales to go in line with inflation, hence higher net income, hence
higher real measure income.

how bout u El? i have to say ive been curious, pardon my question,  if u
were sitting on the hat of an investor, what traits would u prefer of ur
holdings/ur stocks? ^_^