Dear All,

Just my opinion, Hybrid Car is the future car, I agree, using NimH, as
the battery technology, for near future, perhaps.

But the strong candidate for battery technology is not Nickel type,
i.e fuel-cell, why?

let's see:
1. Fuel cell is economycally the best power stored as chemical (that's
easily to convert into electricity), it's liquid and 100% power,
compared to nickel, that only small amount inside the nickel and some other
metal contain energy.
2. therefore, less in weight.
3. easy to charge, just fill in the hydrogen.
4. produce only water :)
5. liquid hidrogen is easier to distribute.
cons:
1. can explode

Old-establish nickel battery:
1. heavy,
2. need some time to be charged full
3. also can explode.

But i am sure nickel still used in steel and metal industry.

Regards,

Jul

--
Best regards,
 julyanto                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]