list,

I have been working all angles to scale my observium CE instance running well
but seem to be failing.  By failing I am referring to the classic gaps in
graphs for all my devices.  I am running on esxi with 16 cores @ 2.40GHz, 16G
of ram, SSD SAS Raid and continue to have gaps.  Most recently I have pushed
sql to its own instance in hopes of working around potential IO issues but that
didnt help.

What I do see is that my ram use is very high, I am guessing from the discovery
process twice a day.  When my ram use is lower throughout the day, I have no
gaps.  I am monitoring 6000ports on 190 devices. Should I be using north of 16G
of ram in my env?  I am happy to add more but all my reading indicates that
observium is not RAM intense.  My last attempt will be to move the RRDs to a
ram disk but my RRDs are almost 16G at this time which I am guessing is part of
the problem.  Maybe it is time to clean house.

Any insight would be appreciated.

db