Are you sure this didn't just make it so that the alert would /never/ trigger, because you were checking a metric that didn't exist?

adam.

Ryan, Spencer J. via observium wrote on 2022-11-23 15:25:

100%, because at some point in the last year or two, some code changed that would cause the (some) alert code to trigger when the sensor value was NULL, we added this logic and the issues went away.

Someone else posted the solution to this list on 7/9/21 and it worked for us.

Spencer J. Ryan| Manager, Technology and Infrastructure
*Miller Canfield***
*T* +1.313.496.7979 | *F* +1.313.496.7500

*From:*Adam Armstrong via observium <observium@lists.observium.org>
*Sent:* Wednesday, November 23, 2022 10:21 AM
*To:* Ahmed Rahal via observium <observium@lists.observium.org>
*Cc:* Adam Armstrong <ad...@observium.org>
*Subject:* [Observium] Re: {EXT}Re: Group Email Alerts

*Caution:*This is an external email. Do not open attachments or click links from unknown or unexpected emails.

Hmm. Are you sure this has ever worked?

The thresholds shouldn't have ever been present in the metric array. The code the does the check doesn't pass these as metrics, and the code that rewrites the @thresholds on the test side doesn't work on the "metric" side of the comparison.

adam.