From: Mike Stupalov <m...@observium.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2023 12:32 AM
To: Observium <observium@lists.observium.org>; Justin Radke via observium
<observium@lists.observium.org>
Cc: Justin Radke <justin.ra...@cbsoregon.com>
Subject: Re: [Observium] Error "Creation Failed" when Adding Port Groups

You don't often get email from m...@observium.org<mailto:m...@observium.org>.
Learn why this is important<https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
I can't reproduce this trouble.

Increase php memory available in WUI:
https://docs.observium.org/faq/?h=memory#observium-returns-a-blank-web-page-apache-error-logs-show-php-fatal-error-allowed-memory-size-of-xx-bytes-exhausted-tried-to-allocate-xx-bytes

Justin Radke via observium wrote on 19.01.2023 03:05:

Goal: Attempting to make “aggregate” graphs by calculating port bandwidth from
multiple devices. For example, a graph that shows the total bandwidth of IP
transit or IXP Peering ports that are not in LAG groups on Cisco gear.

Problem Statement: When creating a “Group” of ports I get an error in red that
says “Creation Failed: Unknown action requested.”

Problem Description:

1.       Click “Create New Group” in the GUI

2.       Select Entity Type “Port”

3.       Give group name of “TestGroup1”

4.       Select “Device” from the dropdown, default to “in” and select a Cisco
router in the dropdown that is already present and working in Observium

5.       Click “Add rule” select “AND” choose “Port ifIndex” “equals” enter in
the field the ifindex

a.       I’ve also tried adding just one or even multiple rules with “OR’s”
results in this message

b.       I’ve also tried adding the port with “Port ID”, “Port ifDescr”, “Port
ifName” and others all result in this failure message

c.       I’m getting the port_id, ifindex, ifName, etc from the “Data” tab when
viewing a Port of the Cisco in Observium

6.       Click the bottom right, green “Add Group” and receive the error
message: “Creation Failed: Unknown action requested.”

Can someone direct me to how to make such graphs? And/or explain what I might
be doing wrong that I cannot create Port Groups?

Observium Subscription License Version 1.3:

Observium          22.12.12421 (21st December 2022)

OS          Linux 4.18.0-408.el8.x86_64 [amd64] (CentOS 8)

Apache 2.4.37 (centos) OpenSSL/1.1.1k

PHP        7.2.24 (OPcache: ENABLED) (Memory: 128MB)

Python 3.6.8 (python3 not used as default python)

MariaDB               10.3.28-MariaDB (extension: mysqli 5.0.12-dev)

SNMP   NET-SNMP 5.8

RRDtool                1.7.0

Fping     4.2 (IPv4 and IPv6)

-=JGR