Hi,
We have recently started using the syslog part of Observium and for the most
part it works well where we have multiple public IP's logs are coming from or
for places where we have VPN's and can reach devices on their local IP's.

We are running into a problem however when we have multiple devices pushing
their syslog's to us over a WAN link and they come from the same public IP.
We're using the %fromhost% variable in the configuration and all logs seem to
end up with the first device that we have set in /etc/hosts to match the public
IP. We've tried changing the %fromhost% to %hostname% instead thinking it would
use the hostname within the log entry but unfortunately that didn't work either.

I've had a look at the documentation on how to do manual matching but I don't
think that would help here either as it's only going to match the public IP.

Has anyone come up against this before and know if there is a way to resolve it
or will I need to create VPN's to each of those sites so we can push the logs
over their private IP's instead?