Adam,
I can execute the script as root or with sudo.

Kevin

From: "Observium" <observium@lists.observium.org>
To: "Observium" <observium@lists.observium.org>
Cc: "Adam Armstrong" <ad...@observium.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2023 5:36:57 PM
Subject: [Observium] Re: PowerDNS Recursive Server application

If powerdns is no longer allowing you to read the statistics, how does one
collect the statistics?

Thanks,
adam.

Kevin Riahi via observium wrote on 24/08/2023 18:10:

What is the process for support on applications for observium subscribers? In
this case the PowerDNS Recursive Server application.
Should we reach out to the original author. In this case the script is very
simple and it seems it has no documented authors.

The issue is the script is no longer working even though it was in the past.
It may be because PowerDNS Recursive Server 4.8 has made permission changes to
/var/run/pdns-recursor/pdns_recursor.controlsocket
Testing the script /usr/lib/observium_agent/local/powerdns-recursor and it will
execute with below error.

<<<app-powerdns-recursor>>>
Fatal: Unable to connect to remote
'/var/run/pdns-recursor/pdns_recursor.controlsocket': Permission denied

Here is the powerdns-recursor script .

#!/bin/sh

recctrl=`which rec_control`

if [ $? -eq 0 ]