> On Jul 24, 2024, at 17:41, Adam Armstrong <ad...@observium.org> wrote:
>
> What kind of install is this?

Observium Professional 24.7.13601

> OS, package versions, etc?

Debian Bookwork with the install from docs.observium.org

> Do you know what error level is set? If they're unusual packages, they might
> have overly strict error generation.

Nothing special other than this was a buster system that was upgraded to
bullseye and then to bookworm.

> It looks like the alert has never been checked, so the state field in the
> database doesn't yet contain a json array of data, and thus attempting to use
> the failed field of the decoded version of the array doesn't work, as it's
> decoding nothing.

That was my take. After grabbing some food and coming back, the full check
populated and the error went away.

> This is probably due to a change in behaviour in newer PHP versions (they've
> broken a lot of existing code), but also

I blame PHP for everything so I would agree with that statement.

Joey