Hi all

I had an email this morning from a friend attaching a notice about a
new type of ATM fraud. I can't find a way of attaching it here, so
I'll just email it to the group separately - Trevor, you might like to
do something with it.

The essence of it is in this quotation:

*** The man called her back to show her a slip -- which he had put at
the ATM -- which said something had gone wrong with the transaction
and that she should put her card into the ATM again.

The man pretended to help her by taking her card and putting it back
into the ATM. But in actual fact, in a swift movement, had swapped her
card with a fake card and placed the fake card in the ATM.***

And the big deal is that I THINK TWO GUYS MAY HAVE TRIED THAT ON ME
LAST WEEK - at the Standard Bank ATM outside the Kwikspar. One guy
tapped me on the shoulder and I chased him off in no uncertain terms,
but then when I'd finished (and double-checked everything because of
this), another guy asked me if I'd taken my slip (which I had). I
thought though that the second guy might have been asking because I
had taken rather long - because I was checking that it was my own card
etc. When we'd finished at the Spar I went to see whether the first
guy was still outside, and he wasn't. He had a very noticeable pink
and white horizontally-striped shirt (not T-shirt) on, so I'd have
easily recognised that.

It's only now that I think the second guy may have been working with
the first one.

Biddy.