Hi Natalie sounds like a awful experience your mother had. When I am
out riding my bike around lower Obs, a couple of times I have noticed
groups of young black men walking toward the swimming pool. They did
feel a bit threatening  and I went out of my way to avoid ,them easier
on a bike than on foot. As there are often lots of kids going to the
pool form the station in the holidays I guess its good cover. I have
also noticed VS going slowley up and down Strubens in the last week
and I have passed the bike patroll near the pool. So hope things
improve!