I've been meaning to write this for ages...
On Tuesday last week we drove off at about 15:45, saying hi & bye to a
neighbour as we left. 1.5 mins later, as we're on Liesbeek Pkwy, the
neighbour phones: "Your alarm's going off". So we pop a U-ie and go
home and turn it off and phone Peninsula Alarms that it's all okay [it
turned out to be a false alarm due to a fault in an old piece of
wiring]. Back into the car and off we go. As we turn down into Lower
Trill, there's a Vetus Schola car coming up. We go round the next
corner and John says "Hey, do you think they're going to our house?"
So up we go again, round the block... And yes it was for us - there
they were outside our house. Pretty quick going, esp since Pen Alarms
had to phone us at home first (of course we weren't there). So WELL
DONE!

That said, I have to admit that I wondered what VS would have done
next. They can't see much inside the house from the road. But that's
not their fault. I'd be loath to leave a key with them. Any thoughts?