On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Big Brian <gra...@iafrica.com> wrote:

> Well, the chickens have come home to roost, cluck, cluck.
> There are some problem houses in Obs that are up for auction, as a
> forced sale.
> These are 4,6 and 8 Roman Rd. and 2 - 16 Baker Street.

Who is forcing who to sell the houses? - I take it the tennants have
"forced" the owner to sell so that he no longer has anything to do with
these properties?

Is this the situation - how else could someone be forced to sell? I can;t
see the local government being able to enforce this kind of thing even if
the law allowed for it?

If there is some political or legal force in action then its not solving th
problems if the tenants are not being evicted at the same time,

If its as the result of asset forfeiture......the above applies -its not the
owner causing a problem its the tenants. The owner cannot easily or cheaply
evict the tenants due to bad laws - sounds like catch 22

Just curious.......