Now we know why we never see any action from the Metro Police - they
are too busy playing darts and pool!!!!! - sorry could not resist!!!!

Sent to you on behalf of Subcouncil 15

CITY OF CAPE TOWN

MEDIA RELEASE

City’s Darts Team shine at National Metro Police Sports Event

Cape Town’s Metro Police Darts Team walked away with top honours at
the sixth annual National Sports Event for Metro Police Departments.

Cape Town hosted the competition, which ran from Monday, 26 September
to Thursday, 29 September, and included four other municipalities,
namely Johannesburg, Tshwane, eThekwini (Durban) and Ekurhuleni.

The City’s Darts Team was unbeaten in all their matches and won the
gold medal at the awards ceremony on Thursday evening.

Cape Town also took home six other medals: four silver medals for
Pool, Women’s Shooting, Golf and the 10km team run; and two bronze
medals for Cycling and Men’s Shooting. A member of the netball team
received the ‘player of the tournament’ award and a member of the
men’s volleyball team was awarded ‘most improved player of the
tournament’.

The team shared third place overall with the Johannesburg Metro Police
Department, while eThekwini came first overall, and Ekurhuleni was
placed second.

“This is the second time we have hosted the event and the third time
we have participated as the Cape Town Metropolitan Police Department.
For us it is not just about winning medals, but the opportunities for
team-building, networking, and uplifting the spirits of our officers.
Most importantly, this competition gives our officers a chance to
maintain a good fitness level so that we can better serve and protect
our communities,” said Metro Police Deputy Chief, Yolanda Faro.

End

Issued by: Communication Department, City of Cape Town

Media enquiries: Yolanda Faro, Deputy Chief: Metro Police, Tel: 021
427 5124, Cell: 082 046 2062

Nowellen Petersen, Media Liaison Officer: Metro Police, Tel: 021 427
5137, Cell: 074 619 6449

NOTE: This e-mail (including attachments) is subject to the disclaimer
published at: http://www.capetown.gov.za/en/Pages/disclaimer.aspx.
Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any
other action in terms of this e-mail. If you cannot access the
disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclai...@capetown.gov.za and a
copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening
any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the
disclaimer.