The pic of the conman looks like what I remember of a similar incident
a year or so ago (reported to ONW at the time). But "seems drunk"
doesn't fit him at all. (We'd all be far less likely to be taken in by
a drunk-seeming guy.)  I remember "our" guy as very plausible and
quite well-spoken. And he was wearing "builder"-type gloves - which
was consistent with his pruning story - which this chap isn't.