When I was growing up drugs were more readily available in my house than
milk and bread - so naturally as a teenager I tried all the stuff that was
lying around! So it is not as if I have no idea what drugs, including
weed, are like. I am not anti any specific drug - I am anti ALL drugs. I
was very lucky that I do not have an addictive personaltiy otherwise I
would have ended up the same way as my mother! And as much as people want
to say that weed is harmless and that there is nothing wrong with it - that
is just complete denial. What about green fever? Have you ever seen anyone
who has that?  I have - I have seen someone who has only been using weed
think that they had bugs crawling out of their skin, pulling chunks of
flesh off his arm trying to get rid of the bugs - and that was just
from the sweet innocent weed that you are talking about.

The problem with drugs, including weed, is that people don't know if they
are going to be addicted to them or not. And as you say, kids then try weed
and hey this isn't so bad...dum dum dum... let me try something else - it
happens. I used to run with a druggie crowd in my misspent youth and I saw
it happen again and again. So even if weed is legalised, then what happens,
people get bored with it and next thing they are trying the harder drugs.
And as I said until you try them you don't know if you have an addictive
personality and by the time you have tried them and discovered, o hell I
actually do have an addictive personality, well guess what - it is too late!

Maybe you are lucky - maybe you don't have an addictive personality and so
you can handle your weed - but not everyone can. And making drugs legal
just means that it will be accessible to everyone and that will just lead
to so many more addicts and so many more messed up families and messed up
people. Drugs are rife in Lavender Hill - and there is no way anyone can
say that the people there are leading peaceful happy druggie lives! In fact
it is the opposite and not just becasue of the fact that drugs are illegal
- drugs make people violent, aggressive, psychotic - they can make a mother
want to stab her own 4 year old child with a kitchen knife because the
mother thinks the child is a demon (yes that is from personal experience!)
- that is the reality of drugs, they mess people up! And having them on
sale at Spar is not going to change that situation - they are still going
to turn people into monsters!