A patron was robbed of his laptop bag containing his computer and a number
of other items while engaged in a business meeting at Obz Cafe last night
during the early evening.  The patron sat at the outside pavement facility
of Obz Cafe and had his laptop bag on the ground between him and the
window.  Apparently an African couple, in passing by his table, started up
an argument of where to be seated and subsequently left.   The patron
noticed only a bit later that his laptop bag went missing. The matter at
first was reported to me last night by a friend of the patron, and I have
since spoken to him, an ex Roman Road resident.

He was seated at the middle table facing his client, and was distracted to
behind his client, while presumably a third accomplice removed the laptop
bag from behind him.  The bag contained dark grey Acer laptop,  the bag
itself was s a grey & black colour,  a 3 gig modem, some memory sticks,
hard documents and a red & black mottled scarf.  The computer data is
rather much work related and a rather great loss to him.

He reported the incident to Woodstock SAPS but apparently was asked to
report it at the Rondebosch Police in stead as he resides in Rondebosch.
 As this is a long way round, I asked him to report directly to the
Woodstock Police in stead, as the place within which the theft took place,
and thus to overcome time delays between police stations etc.

The female perpetrator wore purple outfit, the male wore a white shirt and
grey pants.  The 3rd perpetrator was not noticed at all.
Anyone having sighted the perpetrators or seen the incident in happening,
or seen any of the stolen items around, kindly to contact me in the mean
time, until such time a detective has been identified for the case.
James
*James Cowley*

*082 926 1220*

*021 448 2824 (t&f)*

Observatory Neighborhood Watch: Chairman

--
OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room
021-447-1066 072-063-1653

For all emergencies please dial 10111