Last Thursday 5 September, there was an attempted burglary at my house (41
Oxford Rd).

Wooden gate at back of my house was broken and a sash window opened.  Alarm is
usually set BUT, cleaning lady had just left, so alarm not on, otherwise
movement of window would have set alarm off.

Perpetrator could not get in due to strong burglar bars and height of window.

Very clear finger prints on inside of sash window as perpetrator pushed window
up.

I reported to police, finger prints have been taken - hope a match is found.

New gate being installed this week.

Route of access was as follows:

Behind my house is a shared servitude and behind that, are businesses in Lower
Main Rd, near Bowden Rd.

There is a missing door in the wall backing the businesses, going into the
servitude (wall is property of businesses).  If another gate on Darien Lane,
leading into parking lot of businesses is open, there is access to the
servitude.  All the houses at this end of Oxford Rd are at risk because of this
gap in the wall.

Just reporting so all can be aware.

Sandy
41 Oxford Rd

________________________________
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published
on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or
obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s)
to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify
the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not
use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not
related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's
individual capacity.

--
OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room
021-447-1066 072-063-1653

For all emergencies please dial 10111

to obsnw+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.