Yes, the self appointed car guards have been frequenting the Obs roads
again for a good number of months, whether to be trusted and accepted, is
another story.

Though they are trying to make a buck or two they also make a nuisance of
themselves, in my view.  A few things irks me, i.e.:

   - Driving up Station Road at night over the bridge, then finding yellow
   or orange luminous bibs standing or moving in the middle of the road, being
   car guards, they then lethargically give way, or as they thought I might be
   wanting a parking spot which they then try and wave me into.
   - The same happens further up Station Road too when crossing over the
   robot to Arnold or Oxford road intersections.
   - Watching how car guards gives instruction for parking one's car or
   instructs and waves when to drive off into the roadway, sometimes waving
   other vehicles to slow down or stop etc.
   - Male or female car guards sometimes squabbling for who's parking
   client it is, or overbearing beckons for a fee, and at times under the
   weather too .
   - Trill Road Nuttall intersection a couple of them. some known to me as
   old crime perpetrators, but now parading as car guards, all to keen too
   assist, but still sly as ever.

Sad thing is, Ops guards can't do anything but can only try to dissuade
them verbally, stand and watch them,  hardly intervenes if they are having
a squabble, apparently can only call on SAPS to attend or if trouble arises.

SAPS tends to drive by most of these, will only react if called upon to do
so, *so our Obs car guards are alive and well in Obs*.

James