From: Frank Schuitemaker
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 12:25 PM
To: The Observatory Neighbourhood watch
Subject: Re: [obsnw] Battery stolen from Mazda Tazz in Lower Collingwood Road.

@ Barbara we looked last year at the increase of car breakages and it was
apparent that since the lodge picked up clients the thefts increased. Yes the
hire cars stand also out with advertisings as well as registration number from
elsewhere. Also the overseas tenants are often way to careless by leaving items
in the cars. Suggested long ago to the previous owners to speak to Howard of
Green Elephant in regards to CCTV camera's and other precautions.

On the battery thefts this certainly picked up again and heard various
residents having lost batteries. The last spurge in battery thefts were 57
during 2011 when Saps only knew about a few. Once this was apparent and a few
got caught  the number dropped e.g. during Oct 2011 and Dec 2013 84 batteries
were reported stolen to Obsid, ONW. Unless reported the trend may not be
obvious. Thus report, report, report even report if it was weeks ago.

The car guards were traditionally involved in all types of crime and don't see
why it should be otherwise today, once years ago they were removed out from Obs
and crime dropped drastically but we live in different times Human Right layers
and all that.