This afternoon at about 12.30pm when I was walking down Scott Road towards
Robins, a white double cab bakkie with an empty trailer pulled up to the
stop street at cnr of Wesley and Scott.  I saw it from about 50m away so I
watched carefully as I approached them, ready to run at any minute.  The
two black males in the front seat looked a bit nervous and then decided to
ask me something.  I kept my distance, and they asked if I knew where a
dentist was in this area.  It struck me as a bit strange, but I then
noticed a black woman and child in the back seat.  I didn't think to report
it but in hindsight, with the armed robbery, it just seems odd.

Why would you be driving around in a bakkie with an empty trailer, in an
area where there are clearly no businesses, looking for a dentist?  I now
suspect they were looking for a house to rob. I hope no-one in the area was
burgled today.  Next time I will report it when I see it.

OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room

TEL: 021-447-1066   or   072-063-1653

EMERGENCIES:  10111

---
Observatory Neighbourhood Watch" group.