With the current spate of violent crime, unless we all work together, we
will not win.  It's pointless each of us isolating and securing our
'castles' because the fear of crime is likely to be debilitating.  Why
don't you join our neighbourhood watch?  It is not some elitist club and
it's free.  There is no one enterprise or concern that can be effective on
their own.  We NEED neighbourhood watch AND OBSID AND SAPS.  Joining
doesn't mean you have to patrol, although it is informative and also
negates the fear of crime to a degree.  If the only thing you do for your
neighbourhood watch is be vigilant, and report any suspicions you would be
of tremendous value.

Without more members, what do you think our chances of continuing might
be?  But by joining, you can do something for yourself and your
neighbourhood.

The harsh reality which most seem to miss is that without neighbourhood
watchers reporting suspicious behaviour the already alarming rate of crime
is likely to spiral out of control.  And no matter how much you pay in
taxes towards OBSID and SAPS, they can still only do so much to protect
you.  They cannot deploy resources to watch every corner or walk every
street, but you and I can be their eyes and ears.  And even though the
funny man with a green hat seems harmless outside your gate, just begging
for food, he may be the man that SAPS are driving around looking for
because of some violent crime.

*Think about what you can do, and contact Jenny Calder 0622858045
jennycald...@gmail.com <jennycald...@gmail.com> for membership forms.*

Robby Balona
Chairperson (Acting)

OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room

TEL: 021-447-1066   or   072-063-1653

EMERGENCIES:  10111

---
Observatory Neighbourhood Watch" group.