From: Steve Killick
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 2:32 PM
To: Hudson McComb Coo ; Hannes Bronkhorst ; Mark Berry
Cc: obsnw@googlegroups.com
Subject: [obsnw] Security along the Liesbeek

Hi Hannes/Hudson/Mark,

We are all aware of the security issues in the vicinity of the Public Swimming
Pool of late and the fact that it seems to stem from the illegal communities
along the Liesbeek.

We received another email from a concerned resident over the weekend:

I lived opposite the observatory swimming pool and the amount of people being
robbed there over the past few weeks has been alarming. Please can I request
that provision be made for security to be placed in the swimming pool parking
lot area during the hours of 5am - 8am. The criminals are coming out from the
Liesbeek parkway river area and underneath the freeway bridge area and
attacking even school kids walking to Rhodes High within this open area in the
morning. Its is really not safe there and I am very worried at the children's
safety.

Please can we make it a priority to sort this out.

Thanks and regards,

--

Steve Killick
Cell 084 447 5544