The house break in was at 79 Strubens road during day time, round 16h in
the afternoon.

The preceding Wednesday, our maid was also followed by three black males in
a car, in Strubens road. She managed to get into her car and drive until
the main road where she lost them .

Le vendredi 11 septembre 2015 10:24:22 UTC+2, Jonah Sack a écrit :

> Last week there were a few incidents reported on the Lower Obs Whatsapp
> group, and which I think haven't been posted to this group:
>
> - A break-in during the night in a house on Strubens Rd, 5-6th September.
> The residents didn't hear anything. Camera and some cash taken.
> - Mugging at gunpoint in Cambridge Rd around 8pm, 6th September.
> Perpetrator was in a Ford Focus CA505884, which had been hijacked half an
> hour before. Reported to police and Obsid.
> - Apparent scam / attempted hijacking involving a man and a woman in a
> white bakkie, asking for help with jumpstarting the vehicle. Evening of
> September 7th. Later seen driving around and stopping elsewhere.
>
> The mugging at least could have been prevented by the installation of
> Licence Plate Recognition cameras in lower Obs. There was a proposal to
> pilot the cameras - can anyone give any feedback on that, and on the status
> of the security contract, etc.?

OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room

TEL: 021-447-1066   or   072-063-1653

EMERGENCIES:  10111

---
Observatory Neighbourhood Watch" group.