Good Day Colonel Ntzenzo,

I write in the capacity of being an Observatory Property owner and resident.
I am also an active citizen and member of Observatory OCA, Business Forum
Member, ONW member and recently elected to the CPF Woodstock as Treasurer.
Hopefully being part of a community looking for solutions and being
proactive, my small contributions will be useful to the various entities
which I am committed to be part of.

I appreciate the gravity of challenge the SAPS Woodstock and your station
must face each day and I would like to mark my gratitude for all the good
work that the police deliver and commitment to continuous improvement.

I would like to again raise the flag on two main issues which continue to
plague Lower Main Road.

DRUG TRADE

One does not  need to wander down this road for very long to be intercepted
individuals offering a range of “products”.  This activity increases the
number of undesirable elements who “hang around” as well as opportunistic
crime in and around the social areas.

Notwithstanding the work of SAPS, CPF, OBSID, Neighbourhood Watch groups,
what practical measures do you suggest the business community can take to
reduce the activities of drug dealers and opportunistic criminals along
Lower Main and between the most dense area Station Road up to Trill.    Do
you agree having better lighting would have any effect?  What about police
patrols between 06.00 to 12.00 pm in this area?  What can café owners do to
move “elements along” What is the protocol for ordinary citizens to fight
against the presence of drug dealers in our midst?  What steps can business
owners take which will be affective in removing these elements from Lower
Main?

TRAFFIC CONGESTION/ILLEGAL PARKING & STOPPING/SPEEDING

Lower Main road is a thoroughfare. Some use the road to avoid Liesbeek
Parkway,  others to get through to Main Road.    In peak hours congestion is
alarming.  In low hours, speeding is the issue.  Parking is always an issue.

Are there any plans to address a long term strategy which will reduce the
dangers traffic pose to this highly dense pedestrian area?   What is SAPS
doing for the short term to reduce risks associated with these traffic
violations?

The mailing list to local business operators is a drive to promote activism
from this group in the hope that the community joins forces in the campaign
for a safe and secure street!

Thank you for your response in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Barbara Anne Langridge

6 Irwell Street, Observatory, 7925,  Western Cape

 <http://www.i...@makululodge.com> www.i...@makululodge.com

 <mailto:langridge...@gmail.com> langridge...@gmail.com

+27 76 996 7067

+27 21 448 8522

Skype:  balangridge

Facebook: Barbara Anne Langridge

OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room

TEL: 021-447-1066   or   072-063-1653

EMERGENCIES:  10111

---
Observatory Neighbourhood Watch" group.