Hey John and Adam

I raised the potential for a split in the community, only as a risk, not as
a threat or a potential or imminent thing.

My view is that we’re a coherent and broadly cohesive group. My point was
only that if we (OSGeo Oceania's Board) didn’t support this initiative,
that other paths might be pursued.

I think our community is robust, and our discussion as a board illustrates
that robustness. Open, critical discourse with respect and with an open
mind is really important, and I think we achieved that.

I’m excited about the potential for a global FOSS4G in Oceania, and I hope
that we can all lean in behind the OO Board’s endorsement of the bid here!

Cheers,

*Alex Leith*
m: +61 419 189 050
https://auspatious.com