We upgraded our production database cluster (6 node) from EL4 Update 5 to EL5
Update 5, including upgrading OCFS2 from 1.2.9 to 1.4.4.

We are now noticing slowdown of batch jobs in Oracle, while hotbackup runs
faster. One thing we saw is that journal mode changed from write-back to
ordered, as we don't specify journal mode during mount. Oracle sees this as
slowdown based on higher IO latency, going from 6-8ms to 13-15ms for single
block IO. Total IO throughput has dropped.

Can this be caused by the journal mode being ordered?

Ulf.