OpenBSD src changes summary for 2017-10-11

distrib/miniroot                        distrib/sets
gnu/usr.bin/clang                       lib/libssl
regress/lib                             regress/sbin
regress/usr.sbin                        sbin/dhclient
share/man                               sys/arch/alpha/tc
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/amd64/stand/efiboot
sys/arch/amd64/stand/libsa              sys/arch/armv7/conf
sys/arch/macppc/conf                    sys/arch/mips64/mips64
sys/conf                                sys/ddb
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/ic
sys/dev/sdmmc                           sys/dev/usb
sys/kern                                sys/net
sys/netinet                             sys/sys
usr.bin/ctags                           usr.bin/tmux
usr.sbin/spamdb

== distrib =========================================================== 01/09 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/distrib

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > If $MODE.site fails, store random.seed and error out.  Based on a diff
  > for auto$MODE by rpe in response to a question by mpi.
  > ok rpe mpi (tb@)

sets

  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/09 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/gnu

usr.bin/clang

  ~ libLLVMARMCodeGen/Makefile

  > Add missing file.
  > ok patrick@ (kettenis@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/09 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib

libssl

  ~ ssl_locl.h                            ~ ssl_srvr.c
  ~ t1_lib.c

  > Fully convert ssl3_send_server_hello() to CBB.
  > Based on a diff from doug@ (jsing@)

  ~ ssl_clnt.c                            ~ ssl_lib.c
  ~ ssl_locl.h                            ~ t1_lib.c

  > Convert ssl3_client_hello() to CBB.
  > As part of this, change ssl_cipher_list_to_bytes() to take a CBB argument,
  > rather than a pointer/length. Some additional clean up/renames while here.
  > Based on a diff from doug@ (jsing@)

== regress =========================================================== 04/09 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

lib

  ~ libssl/unit/cipher_list.c

  > Update regress now that ssl_cipher_list_to_bytes() takes a CBB.
  > Based on a diff from doug@ (jsing@)

sbin

  ~ slaacd/Makefile

  > don't create pyc files (florian@)

  ~ slaacd/Makefile                       + slaacd/IfInfo.py
  + slaacd/Slaacctl.py                    + slaacd/process_ra.py

  > Generate a router advertisement with scapy and check that slaacd
  > receives it by parsing slacctl show interface.
  > This is a first stab, more things should be checked. (florian@)

usr.sbin

  + vmd/Makefile                          + vmd/config/Makefile
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-boot-name-too-long.conf
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-boot-name-too-long.ok
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-disk-path-too-long.conf
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-disk-path-too-long.ok
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-kernel-keyword.conf
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-kernel-keyword.ok
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-too-few-ram.conf
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-too-few-ram.ok
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-too-many-disks.conf
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-too-many-disks.ok
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-too-many-ifs.conf
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-too-many-ifs.ok
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-vm-name-too-long.conf
  + vmd/config/vmd-fail-vm-name-too-long.ok
  + vmd/config/vmd-pass-boot-keyword.conf
  + vmd/config/vmd-pass-boot-keyword.ok
  + vmd/config/vmd-pass-memory-just-enough.conf
  + vmd/config/vmd-pass-memory-just-enough.ok
  + vmd/config/vmd-pass-memory-round.conf
  + vmd/config/vmd-pass-memory-round.ok

  > New import:
  >     Add regression tests for vmd(8) config parsing.

  ~ Makefile

  > Link vmd regress to build on amd64 and i386. (bluhm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 05/09 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

dhclient

  ~ options.c

  > Repair printing of classless-static-routes to leases
  > file. Broken due to incorrect translation from a netmask
  > to the count of leading 1's. Use brute force counting
  > until something better is found.
  > Issue discovered and diffs tested by Anthony Coulter via
  > bugs@. Thanks! (krw@)

  ~ clparse.c                             ~ parse.c

  > Tweak parse_decimal() and its invocations to emit a
  > single error message ("expecting integer between x and y")
  > and to properly handle ';' in error cases. (krw@)

  ~ clparse.c                             ~ dhcpd.h
  ~ parse.c

  > Tweak parse_date() again, this time to factor
  > code in the same way as the other parse_*()
  > functions. Whitespace fix in comment while
  > passing. Also conform to idiom that original
  > data is not changed in the error path. (krw@)

  ~ clparse.c

  > Eliminate unneeded intermediate variable. Fix
  > some 'return;'s that should be 'break;'s. (krw@)

  ~ parse.c

  > Works better when both files in a diff are
  > committed. (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 06/09 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share

man

  ~ man4/umb.4

  > add em7345; from christoph r. murauer (jmc@)

== sys =============================================================== 07/09 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/alpha/tc

  ~ ioasic.c

  > Make the tc alpha blinkenlichten start by default.
  > Restores the balance of serenity and peace of mind of the last
  > real alpha user, to some extent.
  > From miod@ (mpi@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add bwfm(4), a driver for Broadcom FullMAC WiFi controllers.  The
  > FullMAC, in comparison to SoftMAC, does most WiFi handling in the
  > firmware that's running on the controller.  This means we have to
  > work around the net80211 stack while still implementing all the
  > WiFi interfaces to userland.
  > This driver is still in early development.  So far it can connect
  > to open WiFis over the USB bus.  SDIO and PCIe support, for devices
  > like the Raspberry Pi 3 or the Macbooks, is not yet implemented.
  > Also mbufs on the transmit path leak and are not yet freed.
  > ok stsp@ (patrick@)

arch/amd64/stand/efiboot

  ~ efiboot.c                             ~ efiboot.h

  > Add "machine gop" command to support changing graphic output mode.
  > The selected mode is used by efifb(4).
  > original diff from Klemens Nanni, tested by Andrew Daugherity (yasuoka@)

arch/amd64/stand/libsa

  ~ cmd_i386.c

  > Add "machine gop" command to support changing graphic output mode.
  > The selected mode is used by efifb(4).
  > original diff from Klemens Nanni, tested by Andrew Daugherity (yasuoka@)

arch/armv7/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Add bwfm(4), a driver for Broadcom FullMAC WiFi controllers.  The
  > FullMAC, in comparison to SoftMAC, does most WiFi handling in the
  > firmware that's running on the controller.  This means we have to
  > work around the net80211 stack while still implementing all the
  > WiFi interfaces to userland.
  > This driver is still in early development.  So far it can connect
  > to open WiFis over the USB bus.  SDIO and PCIe support, for devices
  > like the Raspberry Pi 3 or the Macbooks, is not yet implemented.
  > Also mbufs on the transmit path leak and are not yet freed.
  > ok stsp@ (patrick@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ files.macppc

  > input files should not be .o; from Scott Cheloha (deraadt@)

arch/mips64/mips64

  ~ cache_octeon.c

  > Try to make CPU cache size values more correct, especially on OCTEON II
  > and III. The logic does not look nice, but the parameters do not follow
  > the standard config register layout anyway.
  > Remove unnecessary default values, and assume that the Config1
  > and Config2 registers are available on every CPU.
  > Tested on CN5020, CN6120, CN7130 and CN7360. (visa@)

conf

  ~ files

  > Add bwfm(4), a driver for Broadcom FullMAC WiFi controllers.  The
  > FullMAC, in comparison to SoftMAC, does most WiFi handling in the
  > firmware that's running on the controller.  This means we have to
  > work around the net80211 stack while still implementing all the
  > WiFi interfaces to userland.
  > This driver is still in early development.  So far it can connect
  > to open WiFis over the USB bus.  SDIO and PCIe support, for devices
  > like the Raspberry Pi 3 or the Macbooks, is not yet implemented.
  > Also mbufs on the transmit path leak and are not yet freed.
  > ok stsp@ (patrick@)

ddb

  ~ db_ctf.c

  > missing prototype for db_ctf_pprint
  > ok mpi@ (jasper@)

dev

  ~ video.c

  > Fix debug printf, from Dave Voutila. (mpi@)

dev/ic

  + bwfm.c                                + bwfmreg.h
  + bwfmvar.h

  > Add bwfm(4), a driver for Broadcom FullMAC WiFi controllers.  The
  > FullMAC, in comparison to SoftMAC, does most WiFi handling in the
  > firmware that's running on the controller.  This means we have to
  > work around the net80211 stack while still implementing all the
  > WiFi interfaces to userland.
  > This driver is still in early development.  So far it can connect
  > to open WiFis over the USB bus.  SDIO and PCIe support, for devices
  > like the Raspberry Pi 3 or the Macbooks, is not yet implemented.
  > Also mbufs on the transmit path leak and are not yet freed.
  > ok stsp@ (patrick@)

dev/sdmmc

  ~ files.sdmmc                           + if_bwfm_sdio.c

  > Add bwfm(4), a driver for Broadcom FullMAC WiFi controllers.  The
  > FullMAC, in comparison to SoftMAC, does most WiFi handling in the
  > firmware that's running on the controller.  This means we have to
  > work around the net80211 stack while still implementing all the
  > WiFi interfaces to userland.
  > This driver is still in early development.  So far it can connect
  > to open WiFis over the USB bus.  SDIO and PCIe support, for devices
  > like the Raspberry Pi 3 or the Macbooks, is not yet implemented.
  > Also mbufs on the transmit path leak and are not yet freed.
  > ok stsp@ (patrick@)

dev/usb

  ~ files.usb                             ~ usbdevs
  + if_bwfm_usb.c

  > Add bwfm(4), a driver for Broadcom FullMAC WiFi controllers.  The
  > FullMAC, in comparison to SoftMAC, does most WiFi handling in the
  > firmware that's running on the controller.  This means we have to
  > work around the net80211 stack while still implementing all the
  > WiFi interfaces to userland.
  > This driver is still in early development.  So far it can connect
  > to open WiFis over the USB bus.  SDIO and PCIe support, for devices
  > like the Raspberry Pi 3 or the Macbooks, is not yet implemented.
  > Also mbufs on the transmit path leak and are not yet freed.
  > ok stsp@ (patrick@)

  > regen (patrick@)

kern

  ~ kern_event.c

  > Move kq_kev from struct kqueue to the stack.
  > It turns this set of events per-thread without having to lock anything.
  > From Dragonfly 10f6680a4f6684751aaae0965abfe140f19e9231
  > ok kettenis@, visa@, bluhm@ (mpi@)

  ~ kern_event.c

  > Move `kq_count' increase/decrease close to the corresponding TAILQ_*
  > insert/remove operation.
  > No functionnal change for the moment.  However this helps to make this
  > code mp-safe.
  > Note that markers are still not, and wont be, counted.
  > ok visa@, jsing@, bluhm@ (mpi@)

net

  ~ if.c

  > ifioctl() cleanups.
  > Only one semantic chance for SIOCSIFXFLAGS, rtm_ifchg() is now only called
  > when the flags changed, not always.
  > ok bluhm@, visa@ (mpi@)

netinet

  ~ ip_ipsp.c

  > Remove lie talking about splsoftclock(). (mpi@)

sys

  ~ eventvar.h

  > Move kq_kev from struct kqueue to the stack.
  > It turns this set of events per-thread without having to lock anything.
  > From Dragonfly 10f6680a4f6684751aaae0965abfe140f19e9231
  > ok kettenis@, visa@, bluhm@ (mpi@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 08/09 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

ctags

  ~ print.c

  > Ensure that the tag and line number are always separated by at least a
  > single
  > space.
  > ok deraadt@ (anton@)

tmux

  ~ mode-tree.c                           ~ window-tree.c

  > Add C-n and C-p keys for tree mode, and choose the right initial line
  > when no panes. (nicm@)

  ~ mode-tree.c

  > Clear to end of line properly with UTF-8 present. (nicm@)

  ~ window-tree.c

  > Box around label in preview. (nicm@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

spamdb

  ~ spamdb.8                              ~ spamdb.c