OpenBSD src changes summary for 2017-10-18

bin/ksh                                 libexec/spamd
regress/sys                             sbin/route
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/powerpc/ddb
sys/dev/ic                              sys/netinet
sys/netinet6                            sys/sys
usr.bin/ssh

== bin =============================================================== 01/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/bin

ksh

  ~ history.c

  > The return value of this function isn't used.
  > ok anton@ tb@ (jca@)

== libexec =========================================================== 02/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/libexec

spamd

  ~ grey.c                                ~ sdl.c
  ~ sdl.h                                 ~ spamd.c

  > Make blacklist entries override the whitelist.  When running spamd
  > in greylisting mode, it is not uncommon for an IP to get whitelisted
  > before it shows up on a spam blacklist.  With this change, spamd
  > will check its blacklists before adding a WHITE entry to the
  > <spamd-white> pf table.  If the IP matches a blacklist, the WHITE
  > entry will be removed.  OK phessler@ (millert@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

sys

  - net/etherip/etherip_1.sh              - net/etherip/etherip_subr
  ~ net/etherip/Makefile

  > Move the test implementation into the Makefile.  Then we have only
  > one place to look at.  Make prints the commands it executes to
  > assist debugging and analysis.  If the test fails, there are simple
  > regress targets that can be run to reproduce the error easily. (bluhm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

route

  ~ route.c

  > Typo, from Hiltjo Posthuma. (mpi@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ identcpu.c                            ~ tsc.c

  > Set TSC timecounter frequency to the CPU frequency estimate if unknown
  > ok mlarkin (mikeb@)

  ~ tsc.c

  > Fixup previous; noticed by canacar@ (mikeb@)

arch/powerpc/ddb

  ~ db_trace.c

  > add support for printing function arguments when displaying a trace
  > from DDB. this uses CTF to get the correct number of arguments.
  > ok mpi@ (jasper@)

dev/ic

  ~ bwfm.c

  > Only overwrite the caller's variable if we successfully read data from
  > the chip. (patrick@)

  ~ bwfm.c

  > Revert previous commit, since not all interfaces behaved the same.
  > (patrick@)

  ~ bwfm.c                                ~ bwfmreg.h

  > Extract supported frequencies and HT/VHT mode from the firmware instead
  > of assuming the chip supports both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz.
  > Based on a diff from Jared McNeill. (patrick@)

  ~ bwfm.c

  > Stop handling SIOCSIFMTU like in the wireless stack.
  > This driver does not use the net80211 stack, so let ether_ioctl() handle
  > it like any other Ethernet driver.
  > Suggested by and ok patrick@, ok stsp@ (mpi@)

  ~ bwfmreg.h

  > It turns out that using the packed attribute on most structs was a bad
  > idea since the brcmfmac implementation relies on the compiler generated
  > padding.  Removing the packed attribute allows reading correct data from
  > the BSS info.  As a next step it might be a good idea to pad the structs
  > manually. (patrick@)

  ~ bwfm.c                                ~ bwfmreg.h

  > Read and extract the channel number from the chanspec to beautify the
  > scan results.  Since the channel number is encoded on both IO types in
  > the same way, we don't need to implement per IO type helpers for now.
  > (patrick@)

  ~ bwfmreg.h

  > Pad the holes in the struct to make sure compilers do not choose to
  > pad the structs in a different way. (patrick@)

  ~ bwfmvar.h                             ~ bwfm.c

  > Add a scan timeout so we can recover if the firmware decides not to
  > send us any answers to our request. (patrick@)

  ~ bwfm.c

  > Pass the SIOCG80211ALLCHANS and SIOCG80211STATS ioctls to our net80211
  > which can handle those ioctls quite well for us. (patrick@)

netinet

  ~ ip_icmp.c

  > When reusing an mbuf at the upper end of the network stack, strip
  > off the mbuf properties with m_resethdr().  It is a new packet,
  > especially M_LOOP indicating that it was running through lo(4)
  > should be cleared.  Use the ph_loopcnt to prevent looping at the
  > upper end of the stack.  Although not strictly necessary in icmp
  > reflect, it is a good idea to increase and check the counter here,
  > like in socket splicing.
  > OK mpi@ sashan@ (bluhm@)

netinet6

  ~ icmp6.c                               ~ ip6_input.c

  > Setting the IPV6_MINMTU flag in the call to ip6_output() was moved
  > from icmp6_reflect() to ip6_send_dispatch() when ip6_send() was
  > introduced.  Move the comment that explains this flag also to the
  > place where it is used.
  > from sashan@ (bluhm@)

  ~ icmp6.c

  > When reusing an mbuf at the upper end of the network stack, strip
  > off the mbuf properties with m_resethdr().  It is a new packet,
  > especially M_LOOP indicating that it was running through lo(4)
  > should be cleared.  Use the ph_loopcnt to prevent looping at the
  > upper end of the stack.  Although not strictly necessary in icmp
  > reflect, it is a good idea to increase and check the counter here,
  > like in socket splicing.
  > OK mpi@ sashan@ (bluhm@)

sys

  ~ exec_elf.h

  > Add missing SHN_XINDEX needed by devel/ctftools.
  > Reported by and ok naddy@ (mpi@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

ssh

  ~ ssh_config.5

  > In the description of pattern-lists, clarify negated matches by
  > explicitly stating that a negated match will never yield a positive
  > result, and that at least one positive term in the pattern-list must
  > match. bz#1918 (djm@)

  ~ ssh_config.5