OpenBSD src changes summary for 2017-11-14

etc/MAKEDEV.common                      etc/etc.alpha/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.amd64/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.arm64/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.armv7/MAKEDEV                   etc/etc.hppa/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.i386/MAKEDEV                    etc/etc.landisk/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.loongson/MAKEDEV                etc/etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.macppc/MAKEDEV                  etc/etc.octeon/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.sgi/MAKEDEV                     etc/etc.socppc/MAKEDEV
etc/etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV                 regress/sys
sbin/dhclient                           sbin/pfctl
share/mk                                sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/conf                                sys/dev/acpi
sys/dev/pckbc                           sys/kern
sys/net                                 sys/netinet
sys/netinet6                            sys/nfs
usr.bin/ctfconv                         usr.bin/ctfdump
usr.bin/ssh                             usr.sbin/bgpd

== etc =============================================================== 01/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/etc

MAKEDEV.common

  ~ MAKEDEV.common

  > Remove /dev/arandom symlink.  Nothing in base, xenocara, or ports uses
  > /dev/arandom any longer.  ok deraadt@ (naddy@)

etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.alpha/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.amd64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.arm64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.arm64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.armv7/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.armv7/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.hppa/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.i386/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.landisk/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.landisk/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.loongson/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.loongson/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.luna88k/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.macppc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.macppc/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.octeon/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.octeon/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sgi/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.socppc/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.socppc/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  ~ etc.sparc64/MAKEDEV

  > sync (naddy@)

== regress =========================================================== 02/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

sys

  ~ netinet6/frag6/Makefile

  > Add more checks helping to set up the test environment. (bluhm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

dhclient

  ~ dhclient.c

  > Treat invalid server name as empty instead of declining the lease offered
  > by such misconfigured DHCP servers.
  > Original diff from and ok krw@, ok sthen@ (mpi@)

pfctl

  ~ parse.y

  > - nested anchors vs. pfctl/parse.y
  > bug reported and fix tested by Leonardo Guardati
  > OK bluhm@ (sashan@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share

mk

  ~ bsd.lib.mk

  > Set soname when building shared libraries.
  > ok guenther@ (kettenis@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ via.c

  > Add sizes for free() in the VIA PadLock driver.
  > OK mikeb@ (fcambus@)

conf

  ~ files

  > remove MALLOC_DEBUG
  > the code has rotted, and obviously hasnt been used for ages. it is
  > also hard to make mpsafe. if we need something like this again it
  > would be better to do it from scratch.
  > ok tedu@ visa@ (dlg@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpi.c

  > Add a few more PNP IDs to the skip lists.
  > ok deraadt@, mpi@ (kettenis@)

dev/pckbc

  ~ pms.c

  > Print out the offending data causing pms sync to fail.
  > ok bru@, mpi@ (as part of a larger diff) (anton@)

  ~ pms.c

  > Detect touchpad reset announcements. On rare occasions, the touchpad is
  > reset
  > due to power failure and an announcement is transmitted as input by the
  > device
  > making it detectable. At this point, the device must be re-enabled to
  > continue
  > working since any configuration done prior to the reset is lost.
  > Detection is implemented using a watchdog and enabled for all protocols. So
  > far,
  > the announcement has been observed on Synaptics by me and on Elantech v4 by
  > bru@. Extra care has been taken to handle potential false positives: when
  > the
  > announcement byte sequence is part of a valid input packet.
  > with help and ok bru@, mpi@ (anton@)

kern

  - kern_malloc_debug.c                   ~ kern_malloc.c

  > remove MALLOC_DEBUG
  > the code has rotted, and obviously hasnt been used for ages. it is
  > also hard to make mpsafe. if we need something like this again it
  > would be better to do it from scratch.
  > ok tedu@ visa@ (dlg@)

  ~ subr_witness.c

  > Fix the initial check of the checkorder and lock operations
  > so that statically initialized locks get properly enrolled
  > to the validator.
  > OK mpi@ (visa@)

  ~ sys_socket.c

  > Push the NET_LOCK into ifioctl() and use the NET_RLOCK in ifioctl_get().
  > In particular, this allows SIOCGIF* requests to run in parallel.
  > lots of help & ok mpi, ok visa, sashan (tb@)

net

  ~ ifq.c                                 ~ ifq.h

  > reintroduce tx mitigation, like dfly does and like we used to do.
  > this replaces ifq_start with code that waits until at least 4 packets
  > have been queued on the ifq before calling the drivers start routine.
  > if less than 4 packets get queued, the start routine is called from
  > a task in a softnet tq.
  > 4 packets was chosen this time based on testing sephe did in dfly
  > which showed no real improvement when bundling more packets.  hrvoje
  > popovski tested this on several nics and found an improvement of
  > 10 to 20 percent when forwarding across the board.
  > because some of the ifq's work could be sitting on a softnet tq,
  > ifq_barrier now calls taskq_barrier to guarantee any work that was
  > pending there has finished.
  > ok mpi@ visa@ (dlg@)

  ~ if.c                                  ~ ifq.c
  ~ ifq.h

  > move the adding of an ifqs counters in if_getdata to ifq.c
  > this keeps the knowledge of ifq locking in ifq.c
  > ok visa@ (dlg@)

  ~ ifq.c                                 ~ ifq.h

  > anton@ reports that ifq tx mitigation breaks iwm somehow.
  > back it out until i can figure the problem out. (dlg@)

  ~ if.c

  > Push the NET_LOCK into ifioctl() and use the NET_RLOCK in ifioctl_get().
  > In particular, this allows SIOCGIF* requests to run in parallel.
  > lots of help & ok mpi, ok visa, sashan (tb@)

netinet

  ~ in.h                                  ~ ip_input.c
  ~ ip_ipsp.h                             ~ ipsec_input.c

  > Introduce ipsec_sysctl() and move IPsec tunables where they belong.
  > ok bluhm@, visa@ (mpi@)

netinet6

  ~ frag6.c

  > Put the net lock around frag6_freef() as it sends ICMP6 error
  > messages.  Splassert was triggered by regress/sys/netinet6/frag6.
  > OK mpi@ sashan@ visa@ (bluhm@)

nfs

  ~ nfs_boot.c

  > Push the NET_LOCK into ifioctl() and use the NET_RLOCK in ifioctl_get().
  > In particular, this allows SIOCGIF* requests to run in parallel.
  > lots of help & ok mpi, ok visa, sashan (tb@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

ctfconv

  ~ elf.c

  > Verify that every section header lies within the mapped file.
  > Pointed out by Mark Johnston, Markj@FreeBSD (mpi@)

ctfdump

  ~ elf.c

  > Verify that every section header lies within the mapped file.
  > Pointed out by Mark Johnston, Markj@FreeBSD (mpi@)

ssh

  ~ sshd.c

  > fix problem in configuration parsing when in config dump mode (sshd -T)
  > without providing a full connection specification (sshd -T -C ...)
  > spotted by bluhm@ (djm@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

bgpd

  ~ rde.c