OpenBSD src changes summary for 2017-11-27

bin/ksh                                 etc/acme-client.conf
regress/sys                             regress/usr.sbin
sbin/dhclient                           sbin/iked
sbin/pfctl                              share/man
sys/arch/armv7/omap                     sys/arch/macppc/conf
sys/ddb                                 sys/dev/pci
sys/kern                                sys/miscfs/fuse
sys/net                                 sys/net80211
sys/netinet6                            sys/sys
usr.bin/dc                              usr.bin/less
usr.sbin/acme-client                    usr.sbin/bgpctl
usr.sbin/relayd                         usr.sbin/smtpd
usr.sbin/vmd

== bin =============================================================== 01/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/bin

ksh

  ~ vi.c

  > Follow emacs mode and remove the interactive "version" function.
  > ok jca, anton (who both had the same diff) and deraadt (tb@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/etc

acme-client.conf

  ~ acme-client.conf

  > Remove deprecated agreement url.
  > "nice" deraadt@
  > OK benno (florian@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

sys

  ~ kern/sosplice/tcp/args-reverse-long.pl

  > lenght->length, mostly in comments (sthen@)

  + kern/pledge/pledgepath/Makefile       + kern/pledge/pledgepath/syscalls.c

  > Add the start of regression tests for upcoming pledgepath stuff.
  > still some more to add, and we won't link into regress until later
  > ok deraadt@ (beck@)

  ~ kern/pledge/pledgepath/syscalls.c

  > access and chflags (beck@)

  ~ kern/pledge/pledgepath/syscalls.c

  > symlink and a couple more... (beck@)

  ~ kern/pledge/pledgepath/syscalls.c

  > readlink and friends (beck@)

  ~ kern/pledge/pledgepath/syscalls.c

  > decriptor relative openat() and chmod (beck@)

usr.sbin

  ~ syslogd/funcs.pl

  > lenght->length, mostly in comments (sthen@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

dhclient

  ~ dhclient.c

  > Fix pasto so lease_rebind() returns rebind value and not
  > renewal value. (krw@)

  ~ dhclient.c

  > Simplify lease_as_string() logic to use a single time_t variable
  > and lease_[expiry|rebind|renewal]() functions. (krw@)

iked

  ~ config.c                              ~ iked.c
  ~ iked.conf.5                           ~ iked.h
  ~ ikev2.c                               ~ ikev2_msg.c
  ~ ikev2_pld.c                           ~ parse.y
  ~ pfkey.c                               ~ policy.c
  ~ types.h

  > Implement MOBIKE (RFC 4555) support in iked(8), with us acting as
  > responder.  In practice this support means that clients like iPhones
  > can roam in different networks (LTE, WiFi) and change their external
  > addresses without having to re-do the whole handshake.  It allows the
  > client to choose how and when to change the external tunnel endpoint
  > addresses on demand, depending on which network is better or even is
  > connected at all.
  > ok sthen@
  > tweaks from jmc@
  > tested by a handful (patrick@)

pfctl

  ~ parse.y

  > The divert structure was using the port number to indicate that
  > divert-to or divert-reply was active.  If the address was also set,
  > it meant divert-to.  Divert packet used a separate structure.  This
  > is confusing and makes it hard to add new features.  It is better
  > to have a divert type that explicitly says what is configured.
  > Convert the pfctl(8) rule parser to divert types, kernel cleanup
  > will be the next step.
  > OK sashan@ (bluhm@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share

man

  ~ man9/malloc.9

  > Remove MALLOC_DEBUG left overs.
  > From Klemens Nanni. (mpi@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/armv7/omap

  ~ omdog.c

  > OMAP4 has two watchdog timers timer 2/MPU and timer 3/IVA.
  > Previously the device tree only described one but now it describes both.
  > Do not attempt to set the global variable that points to a softc or
  > register a watchdog if this has already been done.
  > Fixes rebooting on the OMAP4 based PandaBoard-ES with a device tree from
  > linux 4.15-rc1. (jsg@)

arch/macppc/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > Enable ne(4) at pcmcia.
  > Tested by & diff from Donovan Watteau. (mpi@)

ddb

  ~ db_command.c

  > Remove MALLOC_DEBUG left overs.
  > From Klemens Nanni. (mpi@)

dev/pci

  ~ pcidevs

  > add SAS3.5 megaraids (jmatthew@)

  > regen (jmatthew@)

  ~ mfii.c

  > Add support for SAS3.5 megaraids, which are sold as Dell PERC H740P/840 and
  > Lenovo ThinkSystem RAID 530/930.  The main differences are in fast path
  > IO, which we don't use, so all we have to deal with is some changes in the
  > raid context layout and different PCI BARs.  The mfii_iop structure gets
  > rearranged a bit to accommodate these.
  > tested on a perc h740p and a h730 (by dlg@)
  > ok dlg@ (jmatthew@)

  ~ drm/drm_linux.h                       ~ drm/i915/intel_sprite.c

  > Revise the linux sleeping compat code to avoid lock ordering problems.
  > Based on a diff from mpi@.
  > ok guenther@, mpi@ (kettenis@)

  ~ if_oce.c

  > lenght->length, mostly in comments (sthen@)

kern

  ~ kern_sig.c

  > Fix comment typo (guenther@)

miscfs/fuse

  ~ fuse_vnops.c

  > When renaming a file, unlock the target vnode if the target file exists.
  > ok mpi@ (helg@)

  ~ fuse_lookup.c

  > Check access before creating a file or directory.
  > input and ok mpi@ (helg@)

  ~ fuse_vnops.c

  > Change fusefs_link to return EPERM if the source file is a directory.
  > Now aligns with link(2) man page and ffs regress tests.
  > ok phessler@, jca@ (helg@)

net

  ~ fq_codel.c

  > lenght->length, mostly in comments (sthen@)

  ~ pfvar.h

  > The divert structure was using the port number to indicate that
  > divert-to or divert-reply was active.  If the address was also set,
  > it meant divert-to.  Divert packet used a separate structure.  This
  > is confusing and makes it hard to add new features.  It is better
  > to have a divert type that explicitly says what is configured.
  > Convert the pfctl(8) rule parser to divert types, kernel cleanup
  > will be the next step.
  > OK sashan@ (bluhm@)

net80211

  ~ ieee80211_ioctl.c

  > Stop reporting WPA and WEP keys back to userland.
  > The kernel is not a password database; look your wifi keys up elsewhere.
  > Discussed with several.
  > ok phessler@ jca@ (stsp@)

netinet6

  ~ nd6.c                                 ~ nd6.h

  > Use a single timer for all ND6 entries.
  > This prevents a use-after-free reported by Hrvoje Popovski where the
  > timeout function was already sleeping on the NET_LOCK() when ifconfig(8)
  > removed the enry from the table.
  > By iterating on a global list in the timeout routine we ensure that the
  > items are still valid when we process them.  This also reduce differences
  > with ARP.
  > ok bluhm@, visa@ (mpi@)

sys

  ~ malloc.h

  > Remove MALLOC_DEBUG left overs.
  > From Klemens Nanni. (mpi@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

dc

  ~ bcode.c

  > Safer handling of the jump_table[] in dc's bcode.c
  > Based on a diff sent to tech@ by kshe59 (at)zoho (dot) eu - thanks
  > ok otto@, who also remembered to check the regression tests (tom@)

less

  ~ linenum.c

  > Use CLOCK_MONOTONIC for the delay before printing "Calculating line
  > numbers"
  > from Scott Cheloha who's pushing this upstream.  ok tb@ (jca@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

acme-client

  ~ acme-client.conf.5                    ~ extern.h
  ~ json.c                                ~ main.c
  ~ netproc.c                             ~ parse.h
  ~ parse.y

  > Deprecate agreement url config option and get the information from the
  > directory call. This way we don't need to update the acme-client.conf
  > file every time it changes. Still parse the option, ignore and warn about
  > it for a release. Sysmerge should be able to handle the removal.
  > "nice" deraadt@
  > OK benno (florian@)

  ~ util.c                                ~ parse.h

  > lenght->length, mostly in comments (sthen@)

bgpctl

  ~ bgpctl.c

  > lenght->length, mostly in comments (sthen@)

relayd

  ~ relay_http.c

  > Simplify relay_close_http(), make  relay_httpdesc_free() accept and ignore
  > a NULL pointer argument (like free()). Also switch a !size to size == 0.
  > OK benno@ (claudio@)

  ~ relay.c

  > relay_tls_connected() is playing with the inner bowels of bufferevents.
  > Be more careful and remove the events before resetting them to the new
  > backends. This is also what some of the bufferevent functions are doing.
  > OK benno@ (claudio@)

  ~ relay_http.c

  > rfc 7230 mandates that a "204 No Content" http status must not come with a
  > Content-Lenght Header. Of course some servers still so it and send
  > ok claudio@ (benno@)

  ~ relay.c

  > Do not rip out the output buffer of the bufferevent. Instead just use an
  > initial bufferevent_write_buffer() to write out the queued up HTTP request.
  > OK benno@ (claudio@)

  ~ ca.c                                  ~ config.c
  ~ parse.y                               ~ relay.c
  ~ relayd.c                              ~ relayd.h

  > Use file descriptor passing to load certificates into the relays.
  > Especially
  > the ca file (having all the trusted certs in them) can be so big that
  > via imsg fails.
  > OK beck@ (claudio@)

  ~ relay.c

  > Add a DPRINTF() in relay_error() that helped me out way too many times.
  > (claudio@)

  ~ relay.c

  > lseek/read is racy when there is multiple consumers. Use pread instead.
  > Solves the startup issues seen by bluhm@. pread idea from guenther@.
  > While there save the errno in the error case.
  > OK bluhm@ (claudio@)

  ~ ca.c

  > Make ca_launch error messages unique.
  > OK claudio@ (bluhm@)

  ~ config.c                              ~ parse.y
  ~ relay.c                               ~ relayd.conf.5
  ~ relayd.h

  > Change the ecdhe curve configuration to the same way httpd is doing it.
  > This removes 'no ecdh' and renames 'ecdh curve auto' to ecdhe default.
  > The code uses now tls_config_set_ecdhecurves(3) so it is possible to
  > specify multiple curves now. If people specified curves in their config
  > they need to adjust their config now.
  > OK beck@ (claudio@)

smtpd

  ~ control.c                             ~ lka.c

  > Show correct command execution status by checking against update
  > operation return value.
  > Issue reported by 'Zelest' (Jesper Wallin).
  > Suggestions and ok eric@ gilles@. (sunil@)

vmd

  ~ loadfile_elf.c