Hi Zhenhua,

You could set environment variable OFONO_AT_DEBUG to debug AT conversation, like:
    export set OFONO_AT_DEBUG=1

And I found the commit fb918d39ba275cdd327 in Jan 28th has changed the code to:
         if (read_count > 0 && rbytes == 0 && err != G_IO_ERROR_AGAIN)
                  return FALSE;

What's the err value in freerunner?

I discussed this problem with Denis some time ago sending in IRC the log of OFONO_AT_DEBUG=1, the problem seems a timeout in the response from the Calypso, we tried to patch (as suggested by Denis) the code waiting more than 20 secs (we used 40 secs) but this gave no results. As Nicola mentioned, 0.16 version works very well and we use it as daily in our distro without any problem so we thought there could be some other difference since 0.17 because no other newer version solves the problem. Is there any other test we can do on our devices to make you able to investigate the problem?
Thank you very much in advance,
best regards,
Dario.