Hi,

I work with oFono 0.18 and Meego Handset build 03-23-2010.

To build ofonod manually from Git repo, I use:
> ./bootstrap-configure
> make
I can use and debug this daemon without problem.

To build ofonod from source RPM provided by Meego, I use:
> build --clean --target i586 --arch i586:i686 --root $BUILD_ROOT --rpms
> $BUILD_RPMS ofono.spec
When I launch this binary manually in non-daemon mode, I obtain many errors:

>  ./ofonod -nd "*"
ofonod[736]: oFono version 0.18
ofonod[736]: src/plugin.c:__ofono_plugin_init()
(ofonod:736): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-kq3vrFoKcH: Connection refused
GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running
(ofonod:736): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-kq3vrFoKcH: Connection refused
GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running
(ofonod:736): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-kq3vrFoKcH: Connection refused
GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running
(ofonod:736): libecal-WARNING **: Cannot activate ECal: Failed to connect to
socket /tmp/dbus-kq3vrFoKcH: Connection refused
(ofonod:736): libecal-CRITICAL **: e_cal_get_uri: assertion `ecal != NULL'
failed
[...]

I realized that these errors are generated during the callHistory plugin
initialization.

The difference comes from the "--enable_maintainer_mode" option which is used
in Git env (in bootstrap-configure) but not in RPM env (in ofono.spec).
This options configures the PLUGINDIR path:

-          In Git env: PLUGINDIR is set to  <ofono>/plugins/.libs which is empty

-          In RPM env: PLUGINDIR is set to /usr/lib/ofono/plugins which
contains the callHistory.so (0.1.5) plugins.

So:

-          Is CallHistory.so plugins supported by ofono0.18?

-          What is the reference build script and options
(Git/bootstrap-configure or Source RPM / ofono.spec)?

Thanks.

Emmanuel.

92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros