Hi Pekka,

> Attached.

In the future, can you please use git-send-email so that I can comment on the
patch much easier.

> >  So far I like the idea of disable having a
> > hint on whether a shutdown is in progress more than an explicit shutdown
> > method.
>
> That is also possible, but then we need also more power states
> (besides off and on).

After taking a look, I'm even more convinced that a hint to disable is less
invasive.  The proposal is simply way too complicated.  With a hint the driver
can take the necessary steps to disable the modem (what is done by shutdown
now) and return once it finishes.  The ofono exit logic does not need to change
at all with this approach...

Regards,
-Denis