Hi,

We using a modem through atmodem interface. While testing the
functionalities, we found that the dataconnectionmanager interface is not
coming up.

We enabled the gprs modem driver creation and context creation in by adding
it in atgen.c

atgen_post_sim(struct ofono_modem *modem)
{
gprs = ofono_gprs_create(modem,0, "atmodem", chat);
gc = ofono_gprs_context_create(modem, 0, "atmodem", chat);

if (gprs && gc)
        ofono_gprs_add_context(gprs, gc);

mw = ofono_message_waiting_create(modem);
if (mw)
        ofono_message_waiting_register(mw);

}
After this change the dataconnection manager interface was shown in the
./list-medem script.

1) Is this a correct change ? why was this not present in atgen? Could any
one clarify?

We wanted PDP context activation through atmodem and we could see that our
modem returns
*at+cgdcont=?
+CGDCONT: (1-255),("IP","IPV6"),,,(0),(0,1,2)

OK
*
where as Nokia modem (E63) returns

*at+cgdcont=?
+CGDCONT: (1-2),"IP",,,(0),(0)
+CGDCONT: (1-2),"IPV6",,,(0),(0)

OK
*
The modem we use is returning the string in a different way from 3GPP 27.007
, which says to return the multiple PDP types are separate lines.

We modified the Gprs.c file in atmodem driver, to search for the list of
strings, and we are able to make PDP context activation.

2) Is this change an accepted one?

3) Currently i am stuck at the PPP (IPCP stage), how can i link this context
(and PPP link) to my Ubuntu's network manager?

Regards
Arun