Hi Sjur,

> The 27.007 Spec specifies positioning request/responses for AT where
> Positioning data are coded in XML data structures.
>
> I think the oFono interface should not use binary data, but rather be aligned
> with 27.007
> and present decoded data as DBUS typed signals and methods with the same
> information
> content as specified in the XML data for AT+CPOS, AT+CPOSR.

This was proposed several times.  The main objections against the XML
file format was the difficulty of parsing such a beast and support of it
by modem vendors.

Personally (and this is based on rather limited experience with this
area) I'm not against the idea; it fits with oFono's overall strategy of
following 27.007 whenever possible...

Regards,
-Denis