Hi Pekka,

Sorry for replying so late.

On 10/08/2010 10:36 AM, pekka.pe...@nokia.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been working on supplementary service notifications (iow, trying to
> decipher notifySS usage from 24.080 and related specifications).
>
> SSN atom is not used much, so I ended up modifying the current notifier
> API to include the SSN notification codes as a parameter of the notify
> function.
>
> I also wrote an isimodem driver for the SSNs.
>
> As for the D-Bus API, the modifications I propose are in the patch
> 4. There is no implementation in src/voicecall.c or
> src/call-forwarding.c, as I'd like to get the D-Bus API agreed first.
>
> I'd move the barring notifications to voicecall API, as they just
> provide additional information on the reason why the call was
> rejected. IncomingBarringInEffect is not about your barring services but
> barring services for callee.

So I pretty much concur with your assessment here and agree we should
move these out of the CallBarring interface.

> Most of the CSSI and CSSU indications are no-brainers (once you match
> the 27.007 language and various bits and pieces from 24.08*
> specifications) from the API point-of-view but these really require a
> call ID along with them:

Please note that CSSI is considered an intermediate response code to an
ATD, and thus can always (well in theory ;) be associated with a dialing
/ alerting call.

>   - call has been put on hold (+CSSU: 2)
>   - call has been retrieved (+CSSU: 3), and
>   - joining call to a multiparty conference (+CSSU: 4)
>
> The problem here is that the AT CSSI/CSSU notifications conveniently
> strip away indication which call is put on hold, retrieved or joined to
> a multiparty call.  I'd reuse the index with non-CUG codes (as I did in
> isimodem driver patch) or add an extra call-id parameter to the
> notifiers.  If the driver does not know call-id or there is no call-id
> for the call, it can pass 0 to the core and let the core to select a
> convenient victim.

The problem is this won't work properly in all cases.  I'm pretty much
OK with sticking CSSI codes onto the voicecall interface, but CSSU codes
might need to remain as signals on the voice call manager without fancy
handling.

I'm also in favor of getting rid of the SSN atom completely and
squashing CSSI / CSSU notifications into the voicecall atom.

Regards,
-Denis